/// Blog /// AKA ALBUM /// Releases /// Remixxes /// DJ Mixxes /// Flyers /// Videos /// About ///

Tuesday 7 September 2010

RIP Glenn Shaddix



One of my favourite actors of all time died on September 7th - you probably won't recognise his name, but if you grew up loving films in the 80s you will most definitely recognise his face. He was Glenn Sadix, who starred as Otho the psychic decorator in Tim Burton's Beetlejuice, and as Father Rimmer in Heathers.



I did my own tribute to Glenn for the Heathers party, I dressed up as his character in the movie (below) and asked people to pick a "suicide word" from my copy of Moby Dick. It seemed like a pretty Glenn thing to do.



I had just rediscovered the man too after stumbling across his own website, which is choc full of juicy celebrity goss and some really rather good portrait photos of his colleagues and friends. Here's a moving clip where he recalls coming out to his family as a teenager, and their reaction:



He seemed like such a great character, I was fully intending to send him pics of me from the party and starting up a conversation. But alas it was not meant to be, which is sad. Still, he remains a huge inspiration, as an open, comfortably gay man, and also as a plus size gent who had really great style. We'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment