/// Blog /// AKA ALBUM /// Releases /// Remixxes /// DJ Mixxes /// Flyers /// Videos /// About ///

Thursday 16 September 2010

NORAVE Freshers Party 2010



We threw our inaugural NORAVE party at the Glasgow Art School's Vic Bar on Wednesday, which went very well. We managed to get around 200 people in, not bad for a Wednesday, and they really did seem to appreciate the eclectic line up. I performed "Infinite Capacity" live with Ben Butler & Mousepad for the very first time, which was good craic. Hopefully there will be more of that in the future. Their label are also planning a video for the single release of that song, so that's pretty exciting! More news on that as it happens. I also managed to catch 5 minutes of Holy Mountain as I was on the door at that point - it wasn't long but I was very impressed by what I saw. Think no frills stoner/doom done in the best possible taste. While we had all assumed that the name Holy Mountain is a reference to the Jodorowsky film, I am thinking now it's more likely to be a reference to Sleep's second album. Yes, I have been getting into my stoner/doom lately - it's just more fun than dub I feel. There are also vague plans afoot for a Little Rock supergroup who will play a mix-up of doom-metal and dubstep. Oh yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment