/// Blog /// AKA ALBUM /// Releases /// Remixxes /// DJ Mixxes /// Flyers /// Videos /// About ///

Wednesday 9 September 2009

CHIC Live at Electric Picnic 2009

By far the best gig I saw last year was the legendary Nile Rodgers and the current touring line-up of THE greatest Disco group of all time CHIC. They played the headline set on the Saturday night at last years Electric Picnic festival in Ireland, and I never thought disco would go down THIS well in my home country!





It was the first time I've ever seen them, even though they've been touring for the past year, and it was definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen. Hair-raisingly good (I still get tingles watching the clips). And not just because the tunes are so great (surely everyone knows that by now) but also because the crowd reaction was just so enthusiastic. Here's a taster of how good the crowd response was:





I was surprised at how much genuine love the Irish audience showed the band. I get the feeling a lot of people went along not knowing what to expect and were blown away by the non-stop excellent music and musicianship. I heard people talking about it as their festival hichlight for the rest of the weekend. This was my highlight - I wasn't expecting them to play it but am I glad they did!



No comments:

Post a Comment