/// Blog /// AKA ALBUM /// Releases /// Remixxes /// DJ Mixxes /// Flyers /// Videos /// About ///

Sunday 22 February 2009

HOUSE MACHINE



I debuted a new live project at a couple of gigs earlier this year (for Countach at the Halt Bar, Glasgow and for the Radio Magnetic birthday party) - it's basically me dicking about with two Grooveboxes. The sound is stripped back classic old school house, with nods to jackin Chicago old school, acid house and Strictly Rhythm/New York house. It's meant to be more of a heads down club-grooves type of thing, but because I write so much of my music on the Gbox, I can ocassionally drop I Came or the Hots and do a live vocal over it. There's a recording of a set over at my Souncloud page, it's pretty jackin and it features no vocals at all. J-j-j-j-jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment