/// Blog /// AKA ALBUM /// Releases /// Remixxes /// DJ Mixxes /// Flyers /// Videos /// About ///

Sunday 1 February 2009

BEN BUTLER & MOUSEPAD



I should also do a big up to the fab Ben Butler & Mousepad who I saw for the first time at the same gig as Ultimate Thrush. Ben Butler is Joe from Gay Against You in a new lo-fi synth-funk guise, and the music is amazing. Think a Casio Jan Hammer on crack and you're kinda there. Maybe not crack though - maybe lots and lots and lots of sugar! It's awesomely funky too. Joe now lives in Berlin where he's been gigging a lot with an added drummer which makes it sound even better.





BEN BUTLER & MOUSEPAD ft THE NIALLIST!

Very kindly, Joe let me sing a vocal for one of his Ben Butler tunes, which has become the track "INFINITE CAPACITY", which is one of my favourite tracks to have worked so far. Thanks Joe! I tried to get a bit of a Todd Rundgren thing going on with the falsetto. You can hear it in my Myspace player.

No comments:

Post a Comment